(Libong) Libon Church
This church owes its foundation to the brave Juan Salcedo at the end of the year 1573, who put it under the patronage of St. James the Greater, being, therefore, the first town founded in the province of Camarines, to which it belonged until 1847
Huerta reported that the new church was reconstructed by Vicente de Dosbarrios in 1865 and it was made of solid bricks, while the casa parroquial was made of stone. The church was destroyed by a strong earthquake in 1907 and it had to reconstructed with new materials.
St. James the Greater Parish
The baroque church of Cagsawa was originally built in 1587 in the small town of Cagsawa (spelled as Cagsaua during the Hispanic era in the Philippines).
The church, however, was burned down by Dutch pirates on July 25, 1636. In 1724, the church was rebuilt by Franciscan friars under Father Francisco Blanco.
This Church was first established by Franciscan friars using local
materials like bamboo and nipa in 1579 under the patronage of St. John the Baptist. It was replaced with stone and concrete utilizing the services of prisoners.
The Church was damaged by a volcanic eruption was erected again in 1766 and 1814 by Fray Francisco Latoba and Fray Manuel Brihuega in 1837. The Church was administered by the Franciscans for more than 400 years (1579-1983)
St. John the Baptist Parish
St. Gregory the Great Cathedral was created in 1834 through the kindness of Pedro Romero. The first church was buried in 1754 and ruined during the Mayon Volcano eruption. Its facade has a semicircular arched main entrance with portico, flanked by niches and coupled columns on pedestals supporting the triangular pediments.
St. Gregory the Great Cathedral
The present church of Daraga was built under the Franciscan priests in 1773. Built at the time that Daraga was a visita of Cagsawa, the church was erected atop a hill in barangay Santa Maria overlooking the Mayon Volcano.
When the Mayon Volcano erupted on February 1, 1814, the residents of Cagsawa transferred to Daraga after the destruction of their church. It was a common belief, however, that the church of Daraga was built after the eruption of Mayon and that it replaced the church of Cagsawa. The church was consecrated to Our Lady of the Gate in 1854.
Our Lady of the Gate Parish
Frequented by many pilgrims year by year, Saint Rose of Lima Parish church is also one of Bacacay’s proudest attractions that once witnessed the rich history of the town and the role it played in history.
It was built back in 1660 although the present structure is probably built around the 1800s. The ruins of an earlier church are still visible at the back of the present church.
St. Rose pf Lima Parish
(Libog) Sto. Domingo Church
The first church was made of wood and basag (bamboo split). Here, the statue of the patron saints Santo Domingo (Saint Dominic de Guzman), whose feast is observed every August 4, was placed. When the church was burned in 1882, the Spanish priests built a new one; the present artistic church with piedras ladradas chiseled balustrades and twin domes
St. Dominick of Guzman Parish
The name Guinobatan means conquered, derived from the verb Gubat, whose meaning is to conquer.
A Visita of Camalig in 1672 and was separated in 1688. The Church was built with the advocation of Our Lady of the Assumption.
Our Lady of the Assumption Parish
The conversion of this town began by the zealous missionaries in 1606, although no person was baptized at that time, but they were reunited and catechized until August 24, 1608, on which day the first baptism certificate was signed by Fray Luis de San Juan, as everything is recorded in the old books of the Church of Polangui, administered then by the aforementioned Friar.
The church was primarily made of wood and must have been built from 1608 to 1614.
St. Stephen the Pro-Martyr Parish
Malinao was founded in 1600, or 79 years after Ferdinand Magellan landed in Cebu and planted the first Christian Cross.
Between 1600 and 1616, Malinao was then part of the Diocese of Cagsawa (now Daraga).
It became an independent Visita or sitio attached to Sawangan (now Legazpi City) until 1619, when separate religious administration was exercised with a Franciscan friar Francisco de Santa Ana, OFM, as first pastor.
Sts. Joachin and Anne Parish
St. Michael the Archangel in Oas, Albay was founded by Franciscan Missionaries in 1605 with Fray Marcos de Lisboa as the first curate. The first Oas church was made of wood and cogon grass. In 1825, the bigger church and convent of volcanic rocks and bricks was constructed under the direction of Fray Francisco de Anunciacion O. Peñaranda.
St. Michael the Archangel Parish
In 1584, a Spanish friar named Baltazar de la Magdalena founded it. “OYANGUI” a named of a red tree leaf which is now extinct was the root name of Polangui.
The town was then also a place called “Binanuaan”, its location is prone to flood because of its low area, and then the people move to higher place which is now the town proper of Polangui
Sts. Peter and Paul Parish